Dum da da dummmm! We’ve made it the grand finale day of this 12 Days of Self Love Challenge!!! Day 12! Yesterday I got a little bit esoteric on you all talking about portals and brain chemistry and such..so today I decided to break todays’ challenge into a simpler concept, something that you can easily grasp and tangibly take away from this challenge moving forward into your life. We’ve explored all the various ways that you can refute negative self talk, say nice things to yourself, treat yourself to something decadent, work it, own it…yes, I know you’re feeling me on all of this.
These challenges are great because they can certainly give you a direct action to follow on a daily basis which gets your mindset thinking in the right direction…but how do we maintain that mindset in our day to day? Well, its all about KNOWING THAT YOU ARE A QUEEN! Yes. you heard that correctly, we’re going to talk about QUEENDOM here.
Queen mindset is straight-up magical work. Now I’m not talking about acting like a princess, I wouldn’t recommend that strategy…I’m talking about knowing your own worth and behaving like royalty on a daily basis. How exactly do I pull that off? Well, lets look at some common characteristics of people who live with a queen mindset.
- QUEENS KNOW THEIR WORTH~ A queen does not settle for less than she deserves, she does not need to demand respect, because she OWNS and COMMANDS respect with her mere presence. She says NO to things that do not work for her, this can mean letting go of toxic relationships that are not serving her higher good, or declining an invitation or job offer that is beneath what she is capable of.
- QUEENS ARE LEADERS~ Which is to say that queens are NOT followers. Queens do not allow themselves to be easily influenced by the decisions of others or do things just because they feel pressured to do so. They aren’t afraid to stand out in the crowd and go against the status quo.
- QUEENS ARE UNIQUE~ Because a queen knows that she is unique, special, gifted and talented, she does not feel the need to compare herself to others. Queens scroll through the social media news feeds and see everyone else in their awesomeness yet they don’t feel threatened by the beauty and sucesses of other queens. A queen knows that EVERYONE else is a queen too, and would never compete for a crown. In fact, she may lift up the other crowns that are slipping on the queens around her just to show them how amazing and strong they are incase they’ve forgotten.
- QUEENS COMMAND~ Remember “off with their heads” from Alice in Wonderland? Although it was kinda ridiculous, you got to respect a queen who isn’t afraid to make bold demands. Queens are entitled, (not in a snotty self righteous kind of way), but rather in the diplomatic leader kind of way. Queens will command a raise at their job, and they’re not afraid to call out someone who is acting inappropriately. Queens are rooted firmly in their beliefs, knows what they wants and how to get it.
- QUEENS ARE ROYALTY~ They put time and effort into their emotional hygiene as well as their physical hygiene. They adorn themselves with luxurious jewels and clothing. They pamper themselves with massages and yoga or dance classes. Queens also surround themselves with other royalty. They take stock in the health of the relationships they maintain and the company they keep, which is to say, they’re not afraid to cut toxic people/relationship out of their life that may be inhibiting their growth.
So now that we’ve talked about some qualities of Queen Mindset, Lets start the challenge for today. Grab yourself a batch of post it notes, or index cards and sharpie, or colored pencils. Write the following quotes on each card/post it note.
- SHE NEEDED A HERO, SO THAT IS WHAT SHE BECAME
- I GIVE MYSELF THE GIFT OF THE TIME TO JUST DAYDREAM
- FEAR IS JUST FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL.
- I AM VALUABLE, I AM WORTHY OF MY OWN ADMIRATION
- I AM AMAZING AND PERFECT AS I AM
- I WILL TELL MYSELF YES TODAY
- I AM A PRETTY DARN IMPRESSIVE WOMAN
- I AM A POWERFUL HUMAN BEING AND DESERVE RESPECT
- I KNOW WHAT I WANT FROM LIFE
- I GOT THIS, I AM CAPABLE OF ANYTHING
I want you to take those post it notes and place them all around your house, car, use them as a bookmark for you school books you have to read, create phone alarms on your phone with them, put them on your mirror, your desk, the kitchen sink, wherever you regularly go. (I put mine in front of my toilet so its the only thing I have to look at when I’m there) hahahah…
Feel free to make these as fancy as you’d like~ the fancier the better, get creative with your lettering, hell even add some glitter to these! Taking the time to make them sparkle is a gift you are giving to yourself. Having these positive mantras around your home will energetically infuse it with self love vibes. So the next time that inner demon self talk comes at you like…”damn I suck…” you can grab your inner mantra wand and BANISH those thoughts for real!
I do hope that you’ve enjoyed taking these 12 days to self reflect, and focus on all things self- love. On a personal level from me to you…self love has been a humbling journey for me. Learning the art of self love felt awkward, narcissistic at times even…, When I learned to care for myself, I was ridden with guilt and in some cases grief..(like when I had to say no to a invitations, or cut out people I loved who didn’t love me in return from my world) Self love doesn’t mean there isn’t pain. Self love is about acknowledging the pain, and transmuting it into a lesson for your spiritual, physical, and psychological growth. It really is about embodying a QUEEN mindset and digging yourself out of the rag ridden trenches of self loathing thoughts. Its not always easy, and so I applaud you for even attempting it! Truly, when you’re done doing those post it notes, take a good look in the mirror and applaud yourself for having the courage to love yourself in a world that will constantly try to give you a million reasons why you shouldn’t. You are awesome, don’t ever forget that for a second!
Putting my thoughts out into the inter webs isn’t always easy, I don’t know who reads these posts, or what they’ve gotten from them, so I truly appreciate feedback and hearing about what this experience has been like for you. What did you gain from it? What did you loose from it? I’d love to know what impact this has had on your life.