What you do in front of a crowd is only one way to prove your abilities as a professional speaker – you also need to market yourself and visuals are an important part of that.
Whether you haven’t improved your photos in a while or this is the first time you plan to invest in a professional photographer, these tips will ensure you make the most of your session.
– Give your expertise some context. Since you probably specialize in a particular field, you may want to add a few props to your photos to highlight your expertise. This could be books, specific products, or anything else that is linked to what you usually speak about.
– Action shots are important. As much as you want headshots to add to your marketing material and online profiles, it’s also essential to add a few action shots to the mix. This means you will need to step out of the studio too.
– Bring in some emotion. While posed, smiling photos have their place, professional speakers also need to bring some personality to the table. By incorporating different emotions into your photos, your audience will see you as more genuine.
– Don’t forget the white space. Since you may want to add some text and logos around your branding shots, ask your photographer to take negative space into consideration for some of your photos.
– Consider your branding. Do you have a logo? Do you use specific colors on your website? Find ways to bring these aspects into your shots through your make-up, hair, and wardrobe.
– Make the effort. Lastly, if you want to make the most of your speaker photo session, consider investing in a professional hair and makeup session – you won’t regret it. There you have it. Everything you need to have the best possible professional speaker photoshoot.
Jamie Salima Love is a FingerLakes, NY and Boston MA based Headshot and Personal Branding Photographer extraordinaire. She has helped thousands of small businesses, brands, and entrepreneurs over her 20 yr career by creating updated photo libraries with stellar imagery. She is available for a multitude of services, whether you’re looking to work with her to simply update your Headshots, or to create an extensive Personal Branding Photography strategy and library with all the bells and whistles she’s got you covered.