If you’re on a self-improvement journey or you simply want to find some direction in your career, building a personal brand is one of the best things you can do.
Anyone can build a personal brand and in doing so, you get to find out how you’ve changed and where you want to be in the near future.
Here are some tips to help you create a strong personal brand while reinventing yourself at the same time.
– Time to write down a few goals. As we experience life, we grow and change, which means our goals tend to change too. When was the last time you defined your dreams? A good question to ask is where you see yourself in 5 years. Don’t just think about what you want to achieve either. Buy a new notebook and put pen to paper. This is also a great tool for tracking your progress.
– Define your voice. What is it that draws people to you? What would you say are your best characteristics? Defining your voice will tell you more about who you are and what makes people trust you. Knowing why people trust you gives you a stronger sense of identity, which is crucial to a powerful personal brand too.
– Write your story. Knowing where you come from, and which experiences shaped you, is not only good for your personal brand. It also makes you pause and appreciate how far you’ve come, placing you in a more positive and motivated headspace.
– Describe your aesthetic. What do you want people to think when they see you? What vibe do you want to give off? Defining your aesthetic not only helps shape the look and feel of your personal brand but ensures your physical appearance is one you feel comfortable with and confident in. You might just discover you have an exciting new style! And what better way to embrace your newfound aesthetic than by scheduling a professional branding photoshoot. You’re going to need images for your online profile anyway, so have some fun with it.
– Decide how you want to make a difference. When we are old and grey, we want to know that we had some sort of impact on the world – how do you want to do this? Your personal brand should bring value to the lives of others, which will make a difference on a personal level too.
With personal brands becoming the norm, it’s the perfect exercise to undertake this year as you reinvent who you are and plan your next steps.
Jamie Salima Love is a FingerLakes, NY and Boston MA based Headshot and Personal Branding Photographer extraordinaire. She has helped thousands of small businesses, brands, and entrepreneurs over her 20 yr career by creating updated photo libraries with stellar imagery. She is available for a multitude of services, whether you’re looking to work with her to simply update your Headshots, or to create an extensive Personal Branding Photography strategy and library with all the bells and whistles she’s got you covered.